- Wheelchair Accessible Routes operated by Bus Éireann
- Station Accessibility
- How to Book wheelchair accessible transport
- Travel Assistance Scheme
- Mobility Scooters
Bus Éireann is committed to the provision of a fully accessible public transport system incorporating fully accessible vehicles and infrastructure. All vehicles operating on our scheduled services have:
- A suspension-lowering feature that can be used to assist passengers with boarding, simply request the driver to kneel the vehicle
- Entrance areas fitted with grab rails in contrasting colours that feature stop request buttons
- Public Address systems
- Destination displays
- On-board monitors
- We are rolling out on‐board “next stop” audio announcements across our network.
Additionally, the Bus Éireann website complies with web content accessibility guidelines, WCAG 2.0 AA
Bus Éireann also has an active accessibility user group whose members include the Irish Wheelchair Association, NCBI (National Council of Blind Ireland), Dublin City Public Participation Network (PPN), Naas Access, National Disability Authority, Autism Advocate, Epilepsy Ireland, Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, Accessibility Officer NBRU and the VVI (Voice of the Blind and Visually Impaired)
We continue to work with the National Transport Authority (NTA) regarding the bus station and stop infrastructure.